Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Calling Nick Beaudoing - I like your new CD

Hi Maz,

Thanks for the support. It's true, not everyone likes country -- particularly in Quebec where it's viewed as the most uncultured of musical styles. I'm a big devotee of traditional honky tonk.

Actually, one of the best parts of Balfa Camp was playing old time country with David Greeley. He's got a massive repertoire.

Anyway, we're working on a new record now, so hopefully there'll be something new pretty soon.

Hope the accordion is goin' well.

Best,

Nick

Re: Re: Calling Nick Beaudoing - I like your new CD

You made an interesting comment about most people not having an appreciation for country music. I think it's not relevant to any specific region, but rather, it's rural vs. urban phenomena. If you go outside of larger centres in Quebec or anywhere else in Canada, you'll find that rural people are quite into country music. In urban centres, it's not cool to like country music. I suspect that holds true in the US as well. It certainly does here in Atlantic Canada.

I do remember the jam session you're referring to with David Greely. It sounded pretty good.

country music

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'

---Bob Newhart

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!