Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: favorite key changer software

I so agree with Ed here. There is no learning curve. Change the speed ,change the key. Pick out 3 bars over and over , 10 seconds in between. Slow it down 10% Take out the bass side get the words that you can't understand. Good support, they have improved it. Works on Mac. Just what us music junkies always wanted. Jerry

tascam makes a good unit

I have used a tascam (about $159)to slow down, change keys, and maybe best of all, loop segments to play a bazillion times over.
You just pop in a cd and go. It takes a bit of fussing with it to figure it out, but not bad.
I haven't used mine in quite a long time, but I used to.
You could check on ebay. Zzounds.com is a good co. to check out for this type of stuff, and I have found that they have good reviews on lots of gear.

Kirk J

Re: favorite key changer software (for Mac)

I usually use Sound Studio. Pitch and speed are tied together, which isn't what you always want. There is a 'fader' you can slide to zone in on the pitch; Getting that Bb flat tune to match you C accordion. If you change pitch by 100%, you'll get half the speed and one octave lower, cool for trying to figure out all those tough little licks.
Steve

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!