Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Main Picture

I feel bad for just noticing this, but that's a great picture up there in so many diferent ways! I like how the tradition is being carried on from father to daughters like that. It's also great to see Merlin still tearing it up. I've been playing with Lee Benoit lately in New Orleans and I got ahold of his new CD to learn his new stuff, and its got some GREAT fiddle work by Merlin on it. Such a distinct style!

John

Re: Main Picture

I am loving this picture too! What could be better than several generations making Cajun music? Now Bubba Frey's is definitely on my list of places to visit next time I'm in the area. (They ought to use this picture in ads and promotional material.)
Thanks for sharing this with us Chris.

Re: Re: Main Picture

Hey, it's my pleasure to share it and my thrill to see it up here! Sorry, gloating and proud father here!

Re: Re: Re: Main Picture

Chris,
You deserve to gloat. In this day and age when most parents are either too busy to spend quality time with their children or even have anything in common or are pushing them too hard into sports, yours is a rarity. All you have to do now is tape about a 30Mb segment of the family together singing and upload on VIMEO.COM for all of us to see and hear.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!