Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: storage and maintenance

Always keep your bellows closed when you're not playing. If you leave the bellows open too often it will get to the point that you wont be able to close the bellow straps even if you wanted to. It also leads to air loss when playing, and flimsy bellows from loosing thier shape.
John

Re: Re: Re: Re: storage and maintenance

Hal, I also have a Bon Cajun "C" that is about 1 1/2 years old. I find that by leaving it out, I tend to pick it up more often. It is pretty but I do keep a polishing cloth over it most of the time. I usually button the straps but sometimes just leave it barely open.

On the subject of Larry retiring, I just ordered a new "D" box and had very limited choice of woods. He has pre-cut all of the bass side enclosures and other wood parts he will ever use. He will retire when the last bass side is gone.

By the way, this is my first post - this is a great site!

Mike

I just wonder if this is like those collectables with (limited) issues in which there will only be 15 stamping days. But the catch is that they stamp about 1 million a day. So there goes the limited!! You have to admit it is pretty good marketing though. So what we have here is a comment that Larry has cut all the bass sides he will ever use. That could be pretty many if ever means the rest of his life.

Hey somebody has to notice these things.

How. What a coincidence. I too have a D accordion on order from Larry. Should be ready any day now. It will be made out of curly walnut. His very last. Can't wait. Let me know when you get yours. I was going to get pictures posted of both as soon as I can. See link #1 for a picture of my C box.

Hal

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: storage and maintenance

I will post some pics with the link shortly. My "C" is blue-stained maple. The "D" should be ready in about 3 weeks and will be a rosewood of some variety supposedly from Jeruselem. Larry did tell me that he was out of curly walnut when I ordered mine - Now I know who got the last one!

Larry is a great person. I have spoken to him on several occasions and have visited his shop. I know he does not have some kind of mass inventory of ready-to-assemble cut wood. He will be retiring from making accordions but he will continue to service his products for some time - including a free tuning after initial break-in.

Let me know how you like your new "D".

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!