Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Aussie CowboyZ Gig Photo

Joanie,

Thanks for the photo header of us Aussie boyZ.

Let me say from the outset that we had set the band name to reflect the eclectic Aussie audience music mix we felt would work ( Cajun, Creole, Zydeco and Country/Blues ) and at the same time satisfy the musical 'wants and desires ' of the band members.

Later..we saw that Messrs. Broussard,Garnier, Watson etc. were up and running as the Creole Cowboys..with an S. So..with a small change, and given we're half a world away .. (and we're definitely NO threat to the musical competence of those Louisiana guys), we just pressed on.... ( of course, our marketing and legal people may have to talk to their people before we go ahead with our USA and World tour !! Ha ! ).

We're having a great time...audiences here who predominantly have absolutely no experience with Cajun/Creole /Zydeco are really picking up on it..it's amazing... ( well, not so much to those of us in the band who have been to Louisiana a few times and know what the music and the people do to your mind and soul).

Yes..I do play my Master C and Bon Temps Bb...but never seem to be in a photo with it. Steve..who some of you will know from Balfa Camp 2006...is playing a Junior Martin C box..as well as a PA.

Thanks again Joanie..for everything....Darryl ( Dixie D ).. LOL !

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!