Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Agi Ban - Bay Area Fiddler Update

As the article stated (California Friends of Louisiana French Music Assoc. news letter)many already know fiddler Agi Ban has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.

Seems the older I get, and, as the months and yrs. tend to fly by.. it seems it gets marked with bad news of this and that or another increasingly.
Last I saw Agi she was doing ok, realizing I don't get to the bay area, as much as perhaps I should just for GP... that was near a year ago when we gathered in the bay area for a good jam and visit with out of town friends Jude Moreau and his wife, the Michot boys and a bunch of others including Ray Abshire.

Agi was doing some pretty good accordion playing (I thought) during the jam, although fiddle is her primary ... I believe she was a fiddle understudy with Canray Fontenot (long ways back) and perhaps Dewy Balfa as well. Some of you will remember Agi from both Augusta and Balfa Camp over the years ... do wish her well in your privet thoughts stemming from the heart... she is a peach, this gal... and it's another misfortunate occasion that simply reminds me of the humbleness of our gifts through sound and the friendships along the musical pathway!

Nonc D

Re: Agi Ban - Bay Area Fiddler Update

Wow. What a "bomb shell". Agi is such a wounderful person . I will be keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.
Jude

Link to site about Agi

Hello!

I haven't been keeping up with the discussion here on Bravenet, but heard from my good friend Jude that Agi's situation just came up, so thought I'd post something, in case it hasn't come up before.

I have seen Agi recently (Steve and i took dinner over to her the week before last) and she is working hard to stay positive and on top of her M.S. She is such a positive and resilient person, and so many people who care about her. I think it's important to remember that there are many people who have mild or slowly progressing MS, and who do live with the condition. So we are all hoping Agi will be one of these!

There is a website Suzy Thompson set up through a wonderful organization called Caringbridge. The link is above. You can read Agi's journal updates about her situation, and there is a place for her many friends to sign the guestbook.

I know Agi really appreciates hearing from her friends from all over the country, so this would be a good way to send her a message.

For Bay Area people, tomorrow is the fundraiser/benefit at Ashkenaz, organized by Suzy. (We hope to attend, but are out of town right now, in Chicago, hopefully will be back in time.)

Hope all you Braves are doing well!

Happy 4th of July!

Blair Kilpatrick

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!