Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: And my Martin Bb is going on ebay too...

It's one of Junior's early boxes -- my favorites -- and it is black with silver trim, carving and a white crawbug. Bellows are red inside. Salpa #1 reeds, no case. I bought it some years ago from Junior who sold it for an elderly gentleman. I paid a grand for it then, these things have gone way up since.

I have a solid offer from our friend Glenn-san for that same figure. Sounds a lot like my old Point Noir did, very full with great seperation between the reeds.

I'd keep it, but I don't play in Bb, in fact I don't play accordion anymore, period. I also have a really old Marc Savoy accordion back in Sacramento that's going out the door at some point too. In C, black, and pretty cool. Wilson Savoy played it at his teaching session in Berkeley, and remarked that it had a great sound.

Re: Re: Re: And my Martin Bb is going on ebay too...

Well.....what else would he say. Come on...!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: And my Martin Bb is going on ebay too...

More to the story than you think... What he didn't know was that it was once a D, then a Bb and now a C. None of the previous work was done by his dad. It has Salpa #3s in it, which should give you a hint as to who worked on it last...

Re: And my Martin Bb is going on ebay too...

Hello Bob
I' interested in this box too ... I like Bflat to sing certain songs. Let us know when you put it up.
Harlan

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!