Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mouton off Ebay

It makes me wonder who took their paw-paw's accordion off to California and pawned it.

It's an awesome instrument. I certainly feel blessed for it to fall into my inexperienced hands. Overall it's solid and loud. The surface rust that showed in the pictures looks like it was from hanging out at Holly Beach. One reed was rattling around on the inside, but that was easy enough to reposition. It's been well played and the buttons could use a realignment as a couple of them stick. It's not as responsive as a Martin, but I'm sure it's got some unique qualities of it's own. I just don't know enough to know what they are.

There was no way I could justify going to Augusta so I'm looking for a workshop closer to home on the Gulf Coast. I gotta learn how to play this thing.

Re: Mouton off Ebay

r o t f l m a o

Re: Mouton off Ebay

Who builds the Mouton brand?
Maz

Re: Re: Mouton off Ebay

From a previous discussion..."Shine Mouton made accordions for a long time before he passed away and his nephew Greg took over the business....old Shine accordions varied a lot in quality and sound but overall are pretty good instruments....Shine was very particular about showing people how to make accordions ... only showed two people how to completely make an accordion, Randy Falcon and his nephew Greg."

Makes me wonder who the early makers were and what year this on is.

Re: Re: Mouton off Ebay

Greg Mouton makes'em, I believe...theres a Mouton music shop just
outside Crowley on Hwy 49 heading to Eunice.

Re: Re: Re: Mouton off Ebay

whoops...make that Hwy 13 to Eunice - about 5-6 miles
north of Crowley

Re: Re: Re: Re: Mouton off Ebay

I think that he has either closed or sold the shop some time ago.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mouton off Ebay

Yeah, Greg is actually working in the Oil Industry now I believe...Don't quote me on that though.

John

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!