Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: U.J. Meaux

the obit for U.J. is at www.theadvertiser.com in the obit section dated july 9th.

Re: Re: U.J. Meaux

Thanks Green eyes. Here's the link if anyone wishes to reveiew the obituary clip.:http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/dclassifieds?Dato=20060709&Kategori=OBITUARY&Class=30&Type=CAT30200&Lopenr=10709004&Selected=11

Re: U.J. Meaux

This is sad news.

U.J. recorded several tunes with Jimmy Breaux and they are available on CD.

My favorite is the 'le valse de amitie' (pardon my poor french--I think that is the proper spelling) -- Steve Riley has a nice version of this waltz as well.

I heard U.J. only twice 'live'--both times at 'la Poussiere' in Pont Breaux with Walter Mouton and the Scott Playboys. What a great band--with tight musicianship.

This is more than just a gentle nudge to us all--and not just in Louisiana, but wherever we find ourselves. The older folks won't be around for ever, talk with them.They have already done what you are doing or heard about what you are doing-- oftenthey know how it turns out before you start.

Peace,
Griff

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!