Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Frozen Shoulder

I didn't develop accordion elbow, but developed an EXCEEDINGLY PAINFUL condition called Frozen Shoulder while learning to play. After numerous cortisone shots and 3 times a week physical therapy treatments that continued for almost a year, I FINALLY got some relief and the problem subsided.

While the frozen shoulder condition existed, I had to give up trying to play accordion ~ just too painful. As I feel that I am always "just on the brink" of having it recur, I made a decision to not tempt fate by playing accordion, so permanently gave up my dream of doing so. Good luck with your elbow!

Re: Frozen Shoulder

I have a what some call a trick shoulder, I think from my early days of sports and motocross. I have become very aware of what I do with my left shoulder. I put the accordion on my right knee and don't extend the left arm as much as I would if I put the accordion on my left knee. I can tell the difference after playing on either knee. Right is better from my shoulder. I don't do much playing standing up.

Re: Re: Frozen Shoulder

What I wrote above should be right and left "leg" and not knee!! .. Ed

Re: Re: Re: Frozen Shoulder

Thanks for all the replies about the elbow. I got a program from the trainer at my gym that avoids strain on that part (most bicep exercises are included). I'm going to consult a physio too. Friends whp play fiddle have told me about neck problems they've had too and how they approached it.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!