Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My new Bon Cajun D box

We are currently switching out our OLD computer at home for a new, sooper-dooper speed of light one. I don't have access to programs that I need for hosting and posting images right now. I'll be posting the photos as soon as we have the new computer up and running ~ probably sometime next week.

Actually, we don't have ANY computer functioning at home right now ~ I have to get my email at work.

Re: My new Bon Cajun D box

Congrats Hal on your new acquisition. We'll be looking for that pic when available.

Re: Re: My new Bon Cajun D box

Thanks. She sure is a beaut. And can that baby ever play Diggy Liggy Lo.

So you're in Nova Scotia, is that right? I'm almost as far north as you but a whole bunch west, way, way up river in Montana (Frenchtown, believe it or not). I think Nick is in Minneapolis, is that right? Makes us the three most northern players in the group I think. Do you ever hear about any Cajun functions/workshops in the northern midwest? Sure would appreciate a heads up on any if you do.

Hal

Re: Re: Re: My new Bon Cajun D box

I'm not aware of any cajun workshops around here. The closest thing from here would be the Carrefour mondial de l'accordeon in Montmagny, Quebec, just about 1.5 hour east of Quebec City. For fiddlers, there's a big fiddle festival in Halifax which was last week, and there's a big annual workshop/festival event in Cape Breton, but it's very scotish style. Finally, I'm aware of another mostly fiddle oriented camp in Ontario every summer. I forgot the name of it.
Not a whole lot of cajun accordion.
Ciao.

Re: Re: Re: My new Bon Cajun D box

If there is a performance venue in your area that puts on bluegrass, or Celtic, or "singer-songwriter" music, you could maybe arm twist somebody into hiring a Cajun band for a concert. Many of the folks who tour have also been teachers at Balfa or Augusta and are happy to give a lesson while in town.

S'b'B

Re: Re: Re: Re: My new Bon Cajun D box

You were wondering who was farther north--Halifax area, the capital of Nova Scotia, is around 44 degrees north latitude, so parts of Montana are farther north than we are, the Canada/US border being the 49th parallel. Montreal, Quebec is a little farther north than us. We're not freezing up here right now though--70-80F. temperatures.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!