Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: correction

Hi Jude:

Haven't seen you in a while.

Wouldn't the Bflat actually be

1st Bflat
2nd F
3rd Eflat

here is my nashville system chart and circle of fifths.

http://homepage.mac.com/markmarcin/keys.htm

Mark

G boxes in Canada cont. . . .

In Quebec music they very well play in D..( that would be on the pull on a G box ? ).. All I know that the learning material I have is a video using a G box..and was told by numerous sources that G boxes were the preferred key for Quebec music. I can't assertain that and of course believe anyone who is from there and knows far more than me. I do know that when I sold a G box.. i had nearly all takers from Quebec.. and who played that type of music. They seemed to specifically want a G box. Maybe as a second box?

More info is welcome.. G.

Re: G boxes in Canada cont. . . .

Hey Glenn,

Check Gagne et freres, link.
Their music store is located in Quebec city, not far from the Montmagny annual accordion festival location.
Old store, and they do "know" about accordions :).
E-mail or phone Richard Gagne, hell of a guy, an authority on Quebec accordions,their tuning and their past and present makers.
He should be able to give you the "definite answser" on accordion tuning in the Province of Quebec.
Other sources are of course Junior Martin, Larry Miller,and Marc Savoy, as they also sell some of their boxes to the Province of Quebec.
Check also the other link, I provided , a nice man, and builder Clement Breton, nice box too.

Salut.

Claude.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!