Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Festivals Acadiens Oct 13-15

A great place to stay would be the Blue Moon Saloon &
Guest House. Its just off Johnston St (Convent St., I
think). Some cajun musicians live just down the street &
theres music just about everynite. They have "dorm" rooms
for $18/nite and some private rooms for about $60 or so.
Never stayed there, but it seems like a cool place.

Re: Re: Festivals Acadiens Oct 13-15

Just checked, Blue Moon has a website:

http://www.bluemoonhostel.com/

Blue Moon, without a doubt!

I've only been to Lafayette once, but without hesitation, I'd recommend the Blue Moon. You'll meet interesting people from all over, and have a great time. Besides the events at the Festival, the bar at the Moon is an event in itself. If I were you, I'd place my reservation now. It might already be booked for the Festival in October.
Maz

For all you new comers to Festival Acadiens, this year is the first year the festival is being held in October. Traditionally in the 30 plus years before, 2006, the festival was held in September. The heat has been brutal the last several years as I have been to it numerous times. There will be no Accordion booth this year as Larry Miller of Bon Tee Cajun accordions is retiring. Hopefully the october date will bring a cooler environment to let the good times roll!

Stay at the Blue Moon only if you you plan to party yer hiney off. Don't plan to sleep there, mon ami unless you sleep with earplugs and some shades on. It's noisy, BUT a helluva lotta fun. I like to stay there when I don't have an agenda, i.e., a festival to attend -- or anything else going on in Lafayette.

I've stayed at the Plantation Inn (Pont Des Mouton exit at I-49) a number of years. It's gone way south since the early 90's... Don't plan to sleep there either unless you have a glass pipe yer fond of and are into wild parties smokin' contraband and drinking gin and juice in your room until the wee hours. (drum and bass not included.)

My suggestion is the Microtel next door to Jr. Martin's shop -- Ambassador Caffrey exit just south of I-10. It's a little more pricey, but by golly you'll get some peace and quiet and won't have to worry about your car and its contents. That way you can get some quality shut-eye at any time of the day or night and even walk over to bend Jr.'s ear and pull an accordion or three.

My $0.02...

Rick

check the motels along hwy 49 like the best western and a couple of others there that give the best rates
Things may be more expensive in town and only a short drive into the fest. They changed the date this year in hopes that it will be cooler let's keep our fingers crossed...also there is a jam tent on site.
Drop me a line when you get finalized and perhaps we can meet up and play some tunes, drop me an e mail...M

I want to thank you all for your answers about where to stay. My wife Janice is now on the case. Now I want to know where to be at 12:00 AM, Fri. And Sat. night. Again, best wishes to all. Jerry Tierney

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!