Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pain and Agony Over. CD on the way!!

Well...eight weeks of sleepless nights, I have finally submitted my first recording project. It was much like birthing a baby. I am relieved, excited, nervous, scared and happy all at the same time. I did everything myself on my computer from designing the cover to engineering and mixing. To save money, I played all of the instruments with the exception of Chris Miller on fiddle for track 2 and Clint Ward on fiddle for about six or seven other tracks.

I mixed and remixed about twenty times, and I came to the realization that I would never be satisfied with the end result. It is impossible to get consistency across different sound systems, so I had to make a decision to accept it.

I hope to have my website completed by the arrival time, but I will try to get some clips available soon. For all you "Die Hards," I hate to disappoint you but it isn't a Cajun CD. There are 8 Cajun songs, and I only sing two. The rest are instrumental.

Here are some links to pics CD Cover CD Back

Re: Pain and Agony Over. CD on the way!!

Ganey,

Your Post was timely..our Band is working up to a 6 - 8 track CD and the planning is under way for a November/December studio appointment ( could well be the toughest 'gig' we ever do !! LOL).

I sent an extract of your post onto the Band guys for a reality check.!!

Put me down for a couple of your CD's...check's( cheque's ) in the mail!!!..all the best .

Darryl, Australia.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!