Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: burnt fingers

The best you can use after the blisters burst is Silvadene Cream. You should be able to get it over the counter. It was developed by the Brooks Army Burn Center to promote healing and keep scabs from forming. In the meantime there is always the triangle.

Re: Re: Re: burnt fingers

Riding my bicycle to work in Sacramento in November 2002, I was crossing the street in the crosswalk and a girl came around the corner and hit my front tire with her ho-rod Camero, spinning the handlebars, and basically twisting my left index finger about 45 degrees off center. Has never worked right since, has slowed my guitar playing a bunch.

In January 2000, got viral meningitis, alone in the then-new-to-me house in Sacramento. Haluciniated for 12 days, no food, no one to feed the dog, didn't even know where I was. Nearyly died, mostly from the pain.

Since then my nervous system, doesn't quite work as it did. Bottom line is that things happen in life, and you just have to adjust for them...

Re: Re: Re: Re: burnt fingers

While you may loose some sensitivity (feelings) in your fingers for a while... your body should rejuvenate itself for those steam type scalds... it'll just take some time, is all.

Aaron, while you are young enough to quickly heal from such things as burns or cuts and such... the older you get, the more your body goes through bio-physiological changes including the metabolism and healing process. You should be fine with what the others have said to do. In days of old, they would have told ya to go to the barber and have em drain a quart of blood (blood letting) and tell ya you will feel better.

There are a gob of mishaps and ailments that sorta get in the way of what we do or like to do. Tommy is right about life though; things do happen and ya have to adjust . Ever hear of Murphy's Law? I some times wonder about ole Murphy.

You'll be fine Son, just keep your wounds clean and free of infection and let your body do it's magic on the repair side of matters. Ancedote: If your truck is an older one, take out the thermastat in the spring time (routine), and drink strong sasafras tea to thin your blood for the coming summer time months...and use the wet tea leaves to ease the pain of that burn and itching of the healing process.

Nonc D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: burnt fingers

Aaron,

This is not good news. I think there's a lot of valid remedies mentioned in this thread. Use your left hand and a towel next time brutha! And if you can wrap your injured hand around one of those 10 oz. cold Budweisers, that will not only soothe your hand but it will also provide you with the needed exercise to improve your "MOTOR SKILLS."

Dang truck!

R!CK

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!