Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Anyone heard the new Keith Frank CD?

What a great review -- I appreciate that, Soundhound! I know that the SWAS was fresh out da pack but hadn't heard anything about it. I had a caller last night on my radio show requesting a tune off of it, so I had better place an order. I'm a little out of the loop here in Dallas, and had no idea George Lee was replaced. :( George sure laid down a number of innovative grooves -- Patate Douce has gotta be my favorite. Glad to about the SWAS release. Perhaps the reason of the re-issued tracks was an effort to do the refix.

Re: Re: Re: Anyone heard the new Keith Frank CD?

Hey Rick--- George Lee had brain surgery (I am pretty sure about this) at the end of last year (he is OK but no longer a "road warrior.") For a while Keith had lucien & hubie playing guitars, but now has just Lucien and the keyboard guy whose name escapes me.

The main songs from SWAS have been in live rotation for a long time---9 or 10 months--- "Weather the Storm" "Can't get no Love" "Hiway to zydeco"

Re: Anyone heard the new Keith Frank CD?

nope

Heard Keith and the band at Augusta with the new keyboard player. The keyboard man is way out there with funky grooves. I was surprised to hear the keyboard man way out front at times. Brad was on drums and Jennifer on bass. Demetri was on scrub(great guy) I think it was Lou on guitar.
Kirk

i bought it, from his mother, when
they were in athens last week

i like it

your mileage may vary

it;s a lot like 'going to see keith frank'
i think

some really killer songs

some filler

still grooves hard though
he is a great singer, accordionist,
guitarist, and producer

the actual sound mix and recording is
a little weird though

you cannot turn it up loud enough to
sound 'loud'
it;s kind of muted and dark sounding somehow
and the kick drum is like WAY up front

wle.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!