Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Standing the heat

I love peppers, but the really hot ones always make me hiccup - more like a loud, short, gasp for air, and boy oh boy, can that get embarassing. At least for me, had nothing to do with getting older. But won't give them up. Clears my sinuses during allergy season, and it's worth a little embarassment every now and then. And they go with everything.
A few years ago, a guy named Biker Billy had a local TV show, Cooking with Fire. Everything he made had heat. Ice cream, beer, you name it. But even if you didn't like peppers, he was fun to watch. Did things like use a Black and Decker drill instead of a blender. Wish that was on YouTube!
Steve

Re: Favorite Hot sauce?

I always keep "The Perfect" Louisiana Hot Sauce for chicken and pork, and Crystal for seafood. lots of times I like tobasco for raw or boiled seafood.

had a big scare after Katrina, couldn't get Crystal sauce anywhere and rumor had it that the factory was blown away. Started showing up a couple of weeks ago.

whew!

jt

Re: Re: Favorite Hot sauce?

I grow my own here in Italy.. the pepperoncino variety ( Dutch Red on the chart 6 heat factor ).. when grown organically and sun dried and ground to a powder ( especially the Calabrian variety ).. you get a very healthy, perfumed and potent source of very effictive heat. Just sprinked as is onto any dish.. you get the heat and slight nuance of pepper flavor.. goes on anything you put your Tabasco sauce on..

Best sprinkled on garlic and oil pasta.. ( no cheese as it cuts the burn.. all milk products will cut the burn for you .. a spoon of yogurt or sip of melt will take any unpleasant overly hot sensations away immediately.. water or bread can't compare )..

. . . Glenn ( in italy )

Re: Re: Re: Favorite Hot sauce?

Grace hot sauce--made in Jamaice, sold in Bermuda and available in Canada--just a few drops does the trick for me. A little hotter than Tabasco. I use it in soups, baked beans, pasta sauces, you name it. I think it's true about hot peppers not causing ulcers, my experience is that salt is worse for that. Here up North the Acadiens use a lot of salt, goes back to the days of no refrigeration I suspect

Re: Favorite Hot sauce?

Voodoo Queen Habenero sauce. Not too hot, full flavored. Good on everything.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!