Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
tab

hi
do you know were can i get the tab for the song a mom i'm still your little boy, by Camey Doucet? i'm learning to play the cajun accordion what key is the accordion he is playing and what position 1st 2nd 3rd
man i am new at this need all the help i can get thanks, Joe Trahan

Re: tab

i just ordered that CD yesterday...i'd be interested in getting a tab for it too! :)

Re: tab

Joe,
Camey is a wonderful songwriter, but as far as I know, he plays no instruments. The song you are referring to has been recorded many times by other musicians and at least three times, that I know of, by Camey himself. The original version featured a young Wayne Toups on accordion. The second one had a different accordion player, but I can't recall who it was, and the third version was whistled by Camey.

It is played in third position which, on a C accordion, would be in the key of F. The three chords used in the song are F, Bb and C. I am the world's worst for tabbing, but I'll bet Jude has it tabbed or could put it down quickly.

Re: Re: tab

Hi Ganey
thanks for info i have c accordion that i pratice with cheep one no name on it,i bought cabinelli king which is bflat maybe i should of got a good accordion in key of c, for cajun music what or the best keys?i'm still looking tab on hey mom. thanks Joe

Re: Re: Re: tab

No worries, Joe. When you get yourself a fine handmade, give me a shout. I may take that Gabbanelli off your hands.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!