Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jim Pettijohn Jamming With the Pine Leaf Boys

Brave Jim Pettijohn of Maryland sent me the following photo awhile back. Sorry it's taken me so long to post it, but I've been pretty jammed up with "stuff" at home. Jim writes:

Hi Joanie, this is Jim Pettijohn from Maryland.

I've got a picture that you might like for the accordion forum. Not the best pic, but it's ok.

It's me playing accordion with the Pine Leaf Boys.

Blake Miller's playing fiddle, I'm playin da box, Wilson Savoy's playing bass, Drew Simon's on drums and Jon Bertrand is on guitar. Cedric was on a beer break.

It was an honor to play with such phenominal Cajun musicians.

Wilson has become a good friend of mine over the past 4 years, he's probably my favorite Cajun accordion player over top of everyone. Him and his dad are the reason I keep playing. I soak up their style as best I can.

I've only been to Louisiana once in my life. I stayed with Wilson in Lafayette and Marc and Anne in Eunice.

I'm from Maryland and there are no Cajun players. Only near DC.... but even the ones I've met don't put their heart in it.

Anyway, I'm ramblin' on, The picture is attached to this email if'n you want to post it.

Jim

Re: Jim Pettijohn Jamming With the Pine Leaf Boys

Jim,

Great pic! Wow, a lot of Braves are goin' out and jammin' with big boys. It's great to see you holding your own...you're a solid box player.

Too bad there's no sound!

If we ever play D.C., you should consider popping by to sit in.

Keep squeezin',

Nick B

Re: Re: Jim Pettijohn Jamming With the Pine Leaf Boys

Jim..you lucky dog you! way to go!

Re: Jim Pettijohn Jamming With the Pine Leaf Boys

It's the first time Iv'e been called heartless!
Oh well.
Craig from Maryland

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!