Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kristi Guillory

About 10 years ago, when I was starting our on Cajun accordion, I picked up two CDs featuring 15- and 16-year old Kristi Guillory. She sang and played brilliantly, and had Horace Trahan in her band on guitar and vocals. Never heard of her since, and always wondered what became of such a talented musician. She's currently touring in place of Ann Savoy with the Magnolia Sisters, who just played here (Rochester, NY) last night, and are in Ithaca and Syracuse over the next couple days. Kristi is an incredible talent on accordion, and still sings to break your heart. Talking to her, I learned she's in another band, Bonsoir Catin, which also features Anya (fiddler from Magnolia Sisters), Christine Balfa Powell, and Yvette Landry. Anya and Kristi are one of those powerhouse fiddle/accordion duos you hope to see. They play off each other and together with incredible fire. If you can, definitely check out Kristi with Bonsoir Catin, and any other projects she may join. Their CD is due out this fall.

Re: Kristi Guillory

Kristi is also playing with the Lafayette Rhythm Devils.

here's a video of Bonsoir Catin from Youtube.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_n_hI5KFDY

is it just me, or is she having trouble
singing on pitch in that video?

it sounds like she can;t hear herself

or is having to scream to be heard

i have both her cds, i know she
can sing better than that..

wle.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!