Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jam Session

Hey guys and gals, if you are in the Lafayette Louisiana area on saturday afternoon, check out the Jam Session at the Louisiana Heritage and Gift shop. They are located on Gloria Switch Road right off of Hwy 167 north from IH10. Harry Trahan plays the accordion along with others and the place is packed with guitar and fiddle players. A real fun time.
Harry and I go way to when we played in the same band at the 73 club in Winnie back in the late 50's. I was able to Jam with them last saturday and believe me it is a real experience, some just learning and some,like myself, been around a long time in Cajun Music. I think the musicians start arriving around 2pm and play a couple of hours or so.
Harry Trahan's daughter, Lisa Reed and her husband, Mitch Reed run the Heritage Gift Shop, and they teach cajun music and have merchandise for sale. Check them out, its a lot of fun!!!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!