Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A fool and his...new accordion

A few weeks ago, I spotted a post here from a gentleman in Loreauville LA who had a Bon Cajun he was considering selling. I contacted him, I now have the accordion, and he is off to pursue purchase of another.
"Ben Franklin" responded to my post with "A fool and his money are soon parted." But I know quality and value, know the accordion market, and in spite of "Ben", this is wisdom, not foolishness. I love Larry's accordions, and he's a good friend, so this was an easy decision. She's a real beauty, key of "A", red stain on curly maple, black end plates and trim, and flat top metal buttons-very cool. I'd post a picture if I could figure out how!
Take care, Chuck in Indianapolis.

how to post a picture--- Re: A fool and his...new accordion

I am also challenged to run with the webworld... so I emailed my jpeg to Joanie and she was kind enough to put the picture up.

I sent it to: joan@maison-t-bayou.com

Re: A wise buyer and his...new accordion

I have a Larry Miller "A" box in Zebrawood.. I have owned nearly 15 Cajun accordions from many different makers and in many keys. I have heard good and bad on all makers.. and many many contradictions.

This Larry Miller box is one box I would never consider selling.. I love how it plays, sounds, looks, feels..

You've made a wise investment !

Glenn

Re: Re: A wise buyer and his...new accordion

Ditto. I have 3, D,C,Bb. I had the distinct pleasure of hearing both Kevin Naquin and Brian Jack's drummer (I apologize for forgetting his name) play my C last weekend and boy did it sound good!
Red with black ends is a beautiful combo. I've seen it on other boxes. Nice purchase. Enjoy Bro.

Re: A fool and his...new accordion

Here's a pic for you. (click the link above) It was kinda sad watching them pack the box to ship it, but I'll be getting a new Martin B flat built almost exactly like this one. I'm already having withdrawls

One thing is that I think Larry's red is a brighter red than the Martins (at least looking at the Martin color sample chart, maybe I'll think different once I get it)

I went to band practice the other night with the band that I saw where the guy had the B flat Falcon that I fell in love with. I got to play a song with it with the band, pretty cool.

I was set on a Falcon, but I also always wanted a Martin since 99 so I'll finally get one, I just have to wait a couple more months for mine to be built, I'm getting it wet tuned, but set where you can push a stop down and make it dry.

Can't wait.

Tony Broussard

Re: Re: A fool and his...new accordion

I didn't want to identify Tony by name without his permission, so I'm glad he checked in. He was a real pleasure to deal with, I think we're both happy with the transaction! I'll send a picture of my Bon Cajun in "C" that Larry made for me last year out of Brazilian Rosewood I found and shipped to him. A different kind of Beautiful than the red and black one from Tony, but a beauty none the less. Saute la Barierre, in case any of our Augusta class are checking!
Chuck.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!