Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: This is why I love it!!

ganey, this is pure brilliance!!!
i love the image of folk music as being something organic.......once you take it in and learn it and take it to heart, it comes out with your combined experiences and emotions and becomes yours. futile to try to learn it just as it was recorded by someone else. when i was in high school, i labored to play the fingerpicking blues of reverend gary davis. i found it impossible to play it just like he was playing on recordings, so i modified and made it my own. years later, i was to find out that part of the "unique quality" to his music that i couldn't completely mimic was that his left hand had been broken as a child. set poorly, it healed with a strange angle to his wrist. voila, his style was a function of his poorly set wrist....
roger

Re: Iry's Lacassine Special

Covers sometimes can be superior to the original just because artists have had plenty of time to figure out their "angle" on the whole thing.
"Lacassine" isn't one of those. Iry,s version is IT. Everything else is derivative, not bad, just second to something else, like who cares about who did "Georgia On My Mind" after Ray Charles did it or if anyone sang "Only The Lonely" after Frank recorded it?

Lacassine Special: Which versio is this one?

This is the version I have - I don't remember where I took it. Can anyone help?

Hé comment mais toi tu crois que moi
Mais moi je vas faire tout l’temps dans les misères,
Tout l’temps après souffert, juste rapport à tes paroles,
À tes paroles que toi, catin tu m’avais dit.

Hé, ta chère vilaine manière,
Que toi t’as tout le temps eu
Il faudra t’oublies tout ça
Si toi tu veux rester
Z-avec ton cher vieux nèg’
Mais r‘garde toi tu peux voir
Le chemin et t’en aller

Hé toi, chère, il faut toi tu t’en reviens
Mon, j’suis tout le temps là après jongler
À toi à tous mais ces jonglements
Que toi tu m’as mis dedans

Re: Lacassine Special: Which versio is this one?

Maz ...thats Iry's version

Re: Lacassine Special: Which versio is this one?

i just listened to wayne toups version and wording is exactly like Iry's...surprise surprise...

Re: Re: Iry's Lacassine Special

so true Jean..so true...

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!