Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"La valse de quatre-vingt-dix-neuf ans" ("The 99 Year Waltz")

Can anyone help with the artist/alubum that the version of this song that is played at the end of Dirk Powell's Cajun accordion learning DVD (disc 1)? Is there anywhere that I can get the orginal Iry LeJeune recording of convict waltz and his other recordings? I have read about how the Goldband releases have overdubs of bass and I want to hear it in it's original form. Thanks.

Re: "La valse de quatre-vingt-dix-neuf ans" ("The 99 Year Waltz")

Amazon has clips. Look for Iry LeJeune: The Definitive Edition. UK compilation of all his stuff, released by the Ace label.

Re: "La valse de quatre-vingt-dix-neuf ans" ("The 99 Year Waltz")

Oh, yeah. The Ace edition does not have the bass overdub. It has the original presentations.

Re: Re: "La valse de quatre-vingt-dix-neuf ans" ("The 99 Year Waltz")

Thanks. I'll look for those recordings.

Re: Re: Re: "La valse de quatre-vingt-dix-neuf ans" ("The 99 Year Waltz")

I'm not sure if you've heard of Robert Elkins (he has played with Paul Daigle) but I met him last year at the Church Point Mardi Gras. He made me a copy of an old Iry Lejuene album, I could email you some of the songs f you can't find them anywhere else.

Re: Re: Re: Re: "La valse de quatre-vingt-dix-neuf ans" ("The 99 Year Waltz")

Garcias migos...

I found a used copy of the Ace collection and got it. It has 25 songs on it, but I understand Iry recorded 26 songs before he passed. Where is the 26th recording?

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!