Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wayne Toups & The Scott Playboys

I had an opportunity this weekend to see something very rare ! On Saturday night, Wayne Toups played at the La Poussiere club in Breaux Bridge, LA for 4 hrs straight ! Walter Mouton was under the weather and Wayne filled in, with Tony Thibodeaux on the fiddle ! For all of those who have any doubts about Wayne loosing sight of the traditional way, I must say that Saturday nights show was unbelievable. He played all of the oldies, and sat down for the whole show ! Awesome !!

Re: Wayne Toups & The Scott Playboys

Sounds like a great show - wish I could have been there.

It does not surprise me at all though. Anyone who has ever seen Wayne Toups live knows that he can do the trad thing as well as anyone else. I have not seen him in a few years, but every time I did see him, he ALWAYS did a short traditional set, aside from the whole zyde-cajun style, and it wasn't just window dressing either.

-David

Re: Re: Wayne Toups & The Scott Playboys

it seems as wayne is aging he is slowing down and getting alil bit more back to his roots..well atleast i hope so...would love to see a 3 piece wayne toups traditional cd.

to Rusty

Hey Rusty,
I noticed your e-mail address was at Aggreko.com.
Do you work out of the New Ibera office?
Do you know Mike Moreau?
If so, say hello to my cousin ( more like a brother) Mike
Jude Moreau
Bon Temps Accordions

Re: to Rusty

Yes I do know Mike ! I will definitely do so !

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!