Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Rarest of the Rare on eBay!!!!!

I heard about this guy in Cali who has a bunch of Brazi wood. He primarily sells to luthiers, but I'm sure he would sell to anyone wanting to purchase for something like an accordion project. It would be very expensive though for the wood only. Just do a Google search for his music store if you are serious.

"Contact Dexter Johnson at Carmel music. If you don't know Dexter, he has one of the biggest old-growth Brazilian stashes around; many trips to Brazil, which started around the end of the 60's. still has substantial contacts down there as he married a Brazilian, Georgeta. almost every Collings he sells (and Collings is his new-guitar/mandolin mainstay with SCGA a somewhat distant second in the guitar department) sports his woods. Dexter often, if not usually, also supplies the Adi or German. He of course has other woods, but I mention Braz as Martin aficionados would kill to have martin build with his wood - but, given martin's longstanding policy, no chance of that

Dexter also has access to superb real-vintage instruments...you know, the ones built before 1950 (okay, 1941?)."

Re: Rarest of the Rare on eBay!!!!!

Larry also called me a couple of nights ago to let me know my olivewood "D" was ready to ship. I ordered it last May! He didn't mention the accordion in the raffle but he did confirm that he was going to do the workshop in Mamou next weekend. Unfortunately, I'm working in Northern California and won't be able to get away.

I'm tempted to put one of my Bon Cajuns up on Ebay and try for the rosewood but I'm afraid there will be quite a price difference. Larry's prices have gone up drastically the past few months. I paid almost $2,000 for the olivewood. Two years ago, I paid $1,100 for a "C" maple. I would bet that rosewood is going to go for well over 2 grand.

Re: Rarest of the Rare on eBay!!!!!

check out www.woodworkerssource.net. You can get other types of rosewood besides brazilian. you can get small pieces of brazilian rosewood here if you have the patience and money to laminate them together to make bigger pieces.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!