Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Reminiscing--Rodney LeJeune and Hadley Castille

Cory,

Yes, I hope we do meet up sometime. Your name comes up a lot in band conversations, especially since Clint did that album with you some years ago. Great CD. I saw that you were playing in San Antonio for the CFMA. We played there some months ago. How often are you still gigging?

RE playing in the 80s--yep, I am no Johhny-come-lately. I have been playing accordion for about 26 years. I love that Rodney LeJeune CD. I had to buy it also. I tried to get Rodney to join our band for the CFMA festival so he could spotlight some of the great songs. (There are so many more I wish they had put on there--J'sus pas d'blamer, for example) He has been fighting cancer and emphysema and can't walk very far without becoming winded, much less sing. I hope he recovers because I would love the opportunity to play again with him.

Hadley--now there a "cat." What a great musician and unique "character." I have some great Hadley stories! On two different ocassions we had no drums provided by venues out-of-state so I made a kick drum out of a cardboard box and cut a hole for the mic. Matt Swiler used his pedal to play the "Kick Box" and play the tamborine with brushes on top of the box (it was mic'ed on top too.) Blake Castille played guitar, I played accordion, Hadley, fiddle. We had people mesmerized with that setup!

I try to take care of Clint...but he is a "big boy" if you know what I mean! Did you know he was also playing sax now? And he just bought a Epiphone SG guitar and Roland Amp, and he is learning accordion on an old Hohner. I would say he is having a great time!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!