Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mamou festival

Just got in from the Mamou festival. Kind of like going to a 2 day all you can eat buffet except with music, and it was all good.

One of the main reasons I went was to see Larry Miller's workshop on building accordions. I got a couple of questions answered and a bunch more created, mostly about dimensions, and voila, there is Toby's link to a bunch of dimensions, thanks Toby. I was too self conscious to ask Larry if I could take measurements, and he was real busy. Very nice man, and so was his grandson Jay who will be taking over the accordion making.

I liked all the bands I saw, and the only one I didnt see was Jamie Berzas. Other than him there were Paul Daigle and Cajun Gold, Te Salé, Don Fontenot et Les Amis, and Cory McCauley. I thought I might learn something from watching their fingers, but what I mostly learned is my eyes dont move that fast and I have a long way to go.

Besides the visit with my family, the highlite was a long visit with Cory. We ended up keeping my dad up way past his bedtime, and maybe past his beer ration, but we both enjoyed it. Merci Cory!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!