Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: looking for acadian in C

Acadians, like any other top-notch handmade LA (and TX - God bless Jude) accordions are not only hard to come by used, but simply do not devaluate much unless severely abused. Maybe some folks like a science project or that "distressed" look -- I dunno.

My suggestion is to get what you want from Marc. You'll probably spend less time waiting for a new one than you will finding (or winning an auction) on a decent used one. He ships internationally and the price of a new one is not much different than a used one.

The only time when purchasing a used handmade is a deal is when someone sells one and they don't know what they have (The Ding-Dong Factor). Everyone loves Ding Dongs. They are rare, but with a lot of work and patience, you'll come across one.

If someone really likes you, thinks you have potential and decides to cut you a deal on one of their prized handmade treasures (The Guru Factor), then consider yourself lucky. But you better work your tail off proving you are worthy of the deal.

There might be someone on this forum that is willing to make an even trade for a handmade of equal value (The Brave Factor)cuz they are tired of playing in C, D or Bb. Two months later, they'll probably wish they had their old box back --(Brave Remorse).

So if used is the only way to go, good luck and get in line. There's plenty of collectors and snipes out there competing with ya, including some cat named, Ben Franklin who thinks Falcon 4-stops are foolish.

All good in the hood,

Rick

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: looking for acadian in C

Hi..

Crawfish accordions are made in finland.....
They are as good as LA boxes. More information from js.helin@pp.inet.fi

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: looking for acadian in C

I really hope that your accordions are LA standard. I think you are a good player. But I would like to hear your accordion and play it. Do you think your accordion has the sound and feel of an Acadian (Savoy)?

Then I would be interested indeed. (and it would be easier to get it in Europe, too)
By the way, in Finland some very nice one row records were made in the past.

squeezer

Re: looking for acadian in C

drop me a line at glenn.a@tin.it

Thanks. Glenn

cajun squeezer, drop me a line if you are serious about a used ACADIAN in C, thanks daileyspinaltap@aol.com

Re: Re: looking for acadian in C

Man, there aint nothing like an Acadian, I don't care what part of the world they're made!

they are as good as Louisiana boxes? Not to criticize, there is NOTHING as good as an authentic, Louisiana, handcrafted, ten button CAJUN accordion. Call me prejudiced, but I was born and raised here in Cajun Country. each to his own. I like the ACADIAN.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!