Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: "Finest" cajun accordion on ebay

Seller replied, it's a Gab.

Re: Re: Re: Re: "Finest" cajun accordion on ebay

I sent the seller a message. He modified his description to be more realistic with the item. It is better now. Maz

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "Finest" cajun accordion on ebay

i asked what key it was
he doesn;t know

wle.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "Finest" cajun accordion on ebay

Chris Ardoin can be seen posing with a Cajun King Gab on the cover of his new CD, "M.V.P."

They really aren't bad boxes. While I only play Falcons and a Martin, I wouldn't be opposed to having a King in my aresenal, as long as it was electric green and in the key of low F, of course! I've got a buddy in a TX zydeco band, Zydeco Blanco, who plays the heck out of 'em and they hold up. They play nicely but I wouldn't dream of buying one on eBay -- unless it was electric green and in the key of low F.

~ R!ck

I wouldn't pay more than $600 or $700.

$1000? Nope, even brand new, I would not pay that much. Not unless they have improved from what they were 3-4 years ago. The sound was very weak without a microphone, and I have come to dislike the non-standard (i.e., larger) size of the bass box. I used to not have an opinion about the bass box, but having played one more now, it feels awkward and clunky. I suppose that if that was what I was used to, it would not be a problem. It also used to be the case that there were no options on the tuning, and for some odd reason they did not use standard Cajun tuning (they used the "equal" tempered system instead of the "just" tempered system that most Cajun accordions have). The tuning might be part of the reason that they are not very loud, but the fact that they are using #3 reeds is probably a more significant factor.

I would consider buying one if the price was less, like perhaps $600 (or maybe $700 if I was sufficiently motivated). But even then, I would only get one if it was to have it be in a key that I would use only rarely, such as low F or G. I would only be using an accordion in those keys for a very few songs, which would not justify the expense of the superior, but more expensive LA (and Texas) handmade accordion.

-David

p.s., I won't kiss and tell, but I happen to know of at least one nationally known accordion player who gets his Cajun Kings at approximately $700 - he told me that himself a few years ago. Perhaps he gets a "sponsorship" discount, but he didn't say so.

concur / how low can you go?

i wouldn;t go over $450 even if i didn;t have a C
accordion already

which is the same thing as david said, i might
pay 450 for a very oddball key which i also
needed, which i can;t even think what key that
would be. low F maybe, but no, i have F on
both of my 3 rows.

A maybe. but i sold a
larry miller A-flat because it was
too close to B-flat, which i also have.

since i have a C accordion though,
my offer would be so low that
it;s forbidden by law to publish it!!

i'm betting this guy gets zero bids.

he changed the ad about 3 times due to my emails.

and those of others, so he doesn;t know anything
about accordions.

wle.

Re: I wouldn't pay more than $600 or $700.

If you read the current description now, it appears that this guy is a "dealer" (or some sort) selling accordions. The key fact being that he is offering this accordion new in others keys as well.

DP

Re: "Finest" cajun accordion on ebay

good work Maz. I sent him an email thru ebay also. I think he is more embarrased than anything

Re: Re: "Finest" cajun accordion on ebay

Hey, we're getting powerful and influencial here LOL!

Re: Re: Re: "Finest" cajun accordion on ebay

Check it out, I was looking trough our local want ads and came across this site. I think it is the same person. Ned Theall of the Boogie Kings? www.cajunaccordians.com

This guy is living in a fantasy world

$500 for an Arriette!!!!! He won't be in business for very long.

And yes, I am beating a dead horse, but the prices for the Gabbi single rows are ludicrous, as are the statements that they are equal the LA made Cajun accordions. I hope he is just naive, and not dishonest.

-David

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!