Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: ponderings of a reincarnated neanderthal

Just trying to make the discussion a little humors. I know Mark very well but gosh he is just a little bloated. Yesa! that's how it's spelled Mark.

Guy's got game...

Marc has always been great to me, and has time on the phone to answer my questions. But I make a point to ask him first if he is busy. I think he appreciates that.

A couple other builders said some unkind things about his son, before he came out to play in California last year. There was a teaching seminar, and Wilson could not have been kinder, more helpful or down-right funny. He was a great kid, and I sure wish him well.

You can pick Marc's accordions out from other brands when you hear them. I have an old box of his. It's been screwed with a lot, but I cherish it. And any of the posters here who thinks they can play better, or know more about the music, let's hear ya! -L-

Yeah, I like Marc. He may be grumpy at times, but so am I. And I don't think he's the type to smile at your face and talk **** behind your back. Or take advantage of your kindness, but YMMV. Just my own personal experience...

Re: Guy's got game...

I can vouch for Wilson's kindness. I know him better than his father and he has always been very nice whenever I have had dealings with him. And I think some of Wilson's films and DVD promos are hilarious. What a sense of humor!

Re: ponderings of a reincarnated neanderthal

Marc is THE best accordion builder living. that's only my opinion though. I have a 2005 model ACADIAN, and the volume with no mic is incredible. Wilson is a great guy. I had questions about the Pointe Noir accordion and the late Mr. Ervin Dick Richard, the Pointe Noir's builder, and Wilson was gracious enough to answer all of my questions. Marc has been building since 1960. It doesn't get much better than that.

Re: ponderings of a reincarnated neanderthal

Wilson has a new teaching dvd coming out at WWW.ALMENAPICTURES.COM

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!