Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
accordions and YouTube

Great idea. I am not sure how many braves have been over to reyesaccordions.com but on the forum under accordiona and bajo sexto clips ( you have to give your name and email and get password..no ties..and it is worth it... no spam no hassles ).. they have scores of homemade Youtube playing from members.. and films of concerts, gigs, homeplaying, lessons, whatever.

Worth having a look. That forum started as a bravenet style thread.. then boomed several years ago, with a few thousand members and the Mandolincafe.com format.

Very well moderated, no tolerance for BS.

Glenn

Re: accordions and YouTube

What's the site for that again?

Re: Re: accordions and YouTube

At the top right hand side of the page click on Register. The process is quick and easy. Like Glenn mentioned, there is plenty of great videos. After you register, login and go to the Video, Radio, TV, Forum Updates tab and then click on the Accordion & Bajo Sexto Video Clips link. The site is...

www.reyesforum.com

Chad, thank you for being my first official YouTube subscriber LOL!

Well, the pressure is on.... LOL
I intend to put on more material over the near future. All subscribers will be notified.
It's amazing, most of my clips have already been viewed almost 90 times by the general public in less than 24 hours...
Maz

Re: Chad, thank you for being my first official YouTube subscriber LOL!

your welcome and look forward to more vids from ya :) youtube is something that i think can really help the internet cajun accordion community..the mexican accordionist's have been utilizing it for some time now....it is free and easy to use...so why not take advantage of the free bandwith and free avenue of learning?

as a cajun who is displaced and trying to learn how to play his own cultures music, the only options for me was to BUY learning material..BS!..did iry have to PAY to be taught to learn his music? hell no...its something that is freely given in La. to anyone who has a interest in learning it...there are a few people that make a living on selling their "cajun culture" skills, which is great..more power to them..but i dont feel i need to pay for it..its my blood right and doesnt really belong to anyone...

so i think youtube can be a great learning tool for anyone of us that wants to learn.. but it will only be a good as the people that are willing to contribute to it...i'm learning painfully slow here in virgina..half due to my own laziness and half due to the fact i have never seen another person play the accordion in front of me since i started playing. but i will continue to post youtube vids when i can..i have a few in the works...hopefuly in the future when a person wants to learn how to play the accordion they will only need to get online and have many FREE options for them to learn from....youtube is a great start and so is big nicks site..hopefully it grows even bigger!

sorry for the rant..but after a few beers you say things you normally wouldnt and things that may not be PC lol

Youtube does help some

Thats why we should all have a few beers before posting , it loosens up the tongue. But then Joanie might have to get extra help with moderators.

Thanks for the youtube postings. Like Chad, being displaced makes it harder for me to learn than if I had stayed home (j'connais pop, mais j'peut pas demanager asteur), but we'll just have to work harder. Watching someone who is also learning but more advanced than me is actually more helpful to me than watching a master because I can actually see the fingers moving. At the Mamou festival I tried in vain to keep track of their fingers, but my eyes and brain dont register that fast (but it was very entertaining, Cory). So Chad I am watching all the postings on Youtube.

One inspiration for me is all the people on here who obviously learned even farther away from Acadiana than me.

Re: Youtube does help some

Well, that's great. I'm happy there's interest out there. I actually recorded J'ai passé devant ta porte on Sunday, but somehow I'm not able to upload it... I think the file is too big. I'll give it another try when I have some time. It is pretty cool.
Ciao for now. Maz

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!