Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Youtube does help some

Thats why we should all have a few beers before posting , it loosens up the tongue. But then Joanie might have to get extra help with moderators.

Thanks for the youtube postings. Like Chad, being displaced makes it harder for me to learn than if I had stayed home (j'connais pop, mais j'peut pas demanager asteur), but we'll just have to work harder. Watching someone who is also learning but more advanced than me is actually more helpful to me than watching a master because I can actually see the fingers moving. At the Mamou festival I tried in vain to keep track of their fingers, but my eyes and brain dont register that fast (but it was very entertaining, Cory). So Chad I am watching all the postings on Youtube.

One inspiration for me is all the people on here who obviously learned even farther away from Acadiana than me.

Re: Youtube does help some

Well, that's great. I'm happy there's interest out there. I actually recorded J'ai passé devant ta porte on Sunday, but somehow I'm not able to upload it... I think the file is too big. I'll give it another try when I have some time. It is pretty cool.
Ciao for now. Maz

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!