Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Accordion building course in the UK

Bryan, be careful where you plan to build your accordion ! You'd better let your parents know already that you're going to spend all your week-ends at their house soon

Christian

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Accordion building course in the UK

Hey, I didnt think of that, then I could call it "Louisiana made" and it would be better!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Accordion building course in the UK

Exactly ! Unless you stay in Texas and then you will only build a melodeon (which is the word used in the title of the course by the way).

Christian

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Accordion building course in the UK

That was the word Larry Miller called his accordions also. I had never heard that term.

What my first one will end up may be none of the above, it may not even be recognizable, but I'll just keep trying until I get something playable. I got a very large stack of maple, right now anyway.

Re: Accordion building course in the UK

peace people, I said it would be a great learning experience, and no it will not be a cajun accordion. it might be a cajun-style, but not a cajun accordion. That is my opinion being born and raised in cajun country. I was cajun when cajun was a dirty word around here. now everyone wants to slap the cajun name tag on anything and everything. I will continue to defend my culture as need be. good luck with your projects.

Re: Re: Accordion building course in the UK

isnt that what cajun's did??? slapped a cajun tag on a german accordion?....give it a rest dude..if La. was totally dependent on tourism and we had you as the state tourism president..we'd all still be plowing fields...

Re: Re: Re: Accordion building course in the UK

With this type of thinking you could reprint Shakespeare in Mamou, having imported the leather from Italy for the binding, and rename Macbeth, MacSavoy, Thane of Eunice.

Then you could claim Shakespeare as a Cajun playwrite.

It's the music that's Cajun not the accordion. And that's the heritage you should be proud of.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!