Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tits Yeux Noirs & Choupique are now on YouTube

Here your folks ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY8yHYTc9tM
Let's me know what you think. Good and bad feedback is welcome, as long as it's honest LOL! :-)
I'm also in the process of posting the Choupique and J'ai passé devant ta porte in slow motion. That should be up over the hour or so.

Sans prétention évidemment...:-)

Re: **** Yeux Noirs & Choupique are now on YouTube

merveilleux ! peu un plus !

'tit plus!!

Peace,
Griff

Thanks for going through the trouble Maz, and very nice playing. Being able to watch both sides of the box really helps me.

Re: Re: **** Yeux Noirs & Choupique are now on YouTube

sounds great, just like your "passe". But your accordion uses a lot of air, is't it? (Which brand?)

Gus

Re: Re: Re: **** Yeux Noirs & Choupique are now on YouTube

Keep up the good work....I enjoy watching - since I
dont really have many opportunities to see cajun music
where I live..

Re: Re: Re: **** Yeux Noirs & Choupique are now on YouTube

CajunSqueezer: My box is a Bon Cajun (Larry Miller) which I acquired last year.
It might look like it takes a lot of air, but I think it's more of a reflexion on the player... I get the same effect on my Acadian. I know I'm supposed to play a little tigher, but hey, c'est la vie, and this is how I play...:-)

Re: Re: Re: Re: **** Yeux Noirs & Choupique are now on YouTube

butyou sound well!!
Wish I could play like you do. Maybe sometimes I'll show you.... (Have to find out first how to put a video on my computer)
Gus

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: **** Yeux Noirs & Choupique are now on YouTube

CajunSqueezer: You don't need to hook up anything to your computer to record. All I use is my regular Kodak digital camera (nothing fancy). There is a function for video clips. We record from there, then download to the computer, and then upload to YouTube. It's not the best quality, but it works.

Re: Re: Re: Re: **** Yeux Noirs & Choupique are now on YouTube

more great vids Maz! Merci! i only have one request...if you have the time maybe record these again with more lighting and camera up close to the keyboard as to show just the fingering clearly....we can always get a video slow downer or something to pick it apart...thnx...look forward to more vids from you and other people!

to anyone wanting to record videos but dont know how or what you need to do it....please ask and we will help you out...i use a logitech webcam which comes with videosoftware but you can use digital camera's that are video/sound capable or use a digital/VHS video camcorder...after you record your video you can use microsoft's built in video editing software if you want to do some editing.....then just upload to youtube....its pretty simple once ya do it.

To Chad

Chad, you're right, on the last series, we can't see the keyboard very well... These were shot last night whereas the first ones were shot during the day. I'll know for next time. I'm thinking of putting on Valse de 99 on my Acadien key of D, perhaps tomorrow night. I should also run a trial with the webcam.. Being not very techy, I use the path of least resistance....Ciao..:-)

It's great stuff for anyone who want to do more inside/between the octaves.
It's excellent to reach a way of playing with more
ornaments.
The singing parts helps to learn playing when your alone and also want to sing.
I didn't see any reason to give you bad feedback.
It's good medicine to play better.

Great!!! Nice to see a face to match a name...

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!