Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Holy Grail of YouTube Videos!!!(for me)

a video of DL Menard singing " the Back Door" with Blackie Forestier on accordion...dont know who the fiddlers are...... what a treat to see DL preforming la porte en arriere ...not to mention having Blackie playing accordion who was our sheriff in jennings and who i grew up listening too :)i went to school with his daughter and she always was flirting with me....if i would know what i know now i'd be a **** good accordion player lol

Re: The Holy Grail of YouTube Videos!!!(for me)

The fiddler with the beard is Ali Bain, a Shetland fiddler. The video is from a programme called Ali Bain meets the Cajuns, broadcast about 16 years ago in the UK.

Ali is best known for playing with Boys of the Lough.

I still have the record that accompanied the programme, and that's dated 1988, so I guess that's when it was filmed.

For some reason I can't seem to listen to the D.L. Menard video. Can anyone help.

Re: Re: The Holy Grail of YouTube Videos!!!(for me)

The other fiddler is Lee Manuel.

Re: Re: The Holy Grail of YouTube Videos!!!(for me)

john can you see the video or just not hear it?

Re: Re: Re: The Holy Grail of YouTube Videos!!!(for me)

I see the box to click on for it to play and when I do it shows that it is playing but all I see it the box and no sound. I also get a notice that my Java script is off but as far as I know it is on and all else has been updated. Please keep in mind I have limited computer savy! Ha Ha.

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Holy Grail of YouTube Videos!!!(for me)

yea thats ya problem.. your flash player needs to be updated... go here and download the latest adobe shockwave player

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Holy Grail of YouTube Videos!!!(for me)

Chad, the updating went on but I still don't get anything. Do you have to join youtube to listen to the videos.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Holy Grail of YouTube Videos!!!(for me)

what is it doing now after the update...do you see anything? or just no sound? hmm thats weird that even after the update you still cant see them....no you dont have to be a member to view videos at youtube...but i would join up and send in a help ticket to see if they could help you troubleshoot your problem...

What a treat! Thank you!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!