Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Gumbo-La-La!!

Where did he get the videos?

Re: Re: Gumbo-La-La!!

I think they were a gift to him. I kind of searched a little and didnt find a source yet. From what I hear, they are not cheap. I have heard that the set of 13 is over $200.

Re: Re: Re: Gumbo-La-La!!

I think the series Gumbo La-la was produced by Société Radio-Canada about two years ago. The series was hosted by MarieJo Thériault, a well known Acadian artist singer from Moncton, New Brunswick who is persuing her career in Montreal and Paris. I actually got to meet her last summer as she gave a concert in the Clare area (south west of Nova Scotia).
I got to see one or two sections of her series when she was visiting the Bayou Terrebonne, and visiting families in the middle of now where. It was a captivating series. We got to learn about the Houma people, who will probably be the last people in Louisiana to carry on the French language due to their isolation. You could probably find more info on the archive site of Radio-Canada.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Gumbo-La-La!!

A lot of good stuff about Cajun's is done by people from Canada. I hope they keep it up.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Gumbo-La-La!!

Thats her, a cutie. I was trying to figure out if she was Canadian or French.

They are very artistically (to me) done shows.

Marie-Jo Thério

Marie-Jo Thério is one of my favourite Acadian artists. She is very unique. Here's her link if you want to learn more about her. Her two last CDs are great.

Re: Marie-Jo Thério

Merci Maz, quelle belle voix!!

I had never heard of her, cute and can sing.

Re: Re: Gumb-Oh! Là! Là!

The series can be bought from Louisiane à la Carte. Check Website Link #3. The entire series costs $250 for all 13 episodes.

---Roy---

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!