Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lost Bayou Ramblers at National Folk Festival

Looked on the web site (above), drummer is Alan Lafleur (great name), and Cavan Carruth on guitar. That song in the middle, whatever it is, is addictive.

Re: Re: Lost Bayou Ramblers at National Folk Festival

Too bad the camera angle isn't better for you accordion players. You mostly see Andre's bass side.

I've heard them do Lafayette before and remarked to Louis that he sounded like Lionel Leleux on the recording with Joseph Falcon on Arhoolie, Cajun Pioneer. He seemed a bit startled by my comment and said that in fact he patterned his solo on that song after Leleux's. Sounds to me if you listen a bit that they also pattern their "rough" rhythm section on that Falcon cd. That's about as rough a rhythm a section as you ever hear, and it's very infectious.

They appear to be joking in the video when they say they don't know the name of the middle song. At least the other bandmates laughed. Louis just probably didn't want to say Les Haricots sont pas sale for some reason. My guess.

Re: Re: Re: Lost Bayou Ramblers at National Folk Festival

Les Haricots Sont Pas Salé??

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!