Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Accordion and Banjo.

this is a very interesting subject. i am a fiddle player, before i played fiddle, i took some banjo lessons with bill keith, what a master! anyhow, the pattern oriented nature of the banjo seems very similar to that of the accordion, as i slowly learn the accordion (fiddle seems much more natural to me) i can see how similar the two instruments are. i think it's rare that someone can master both, perhaps it's a right brain vs. left brain thing? or maybe it's how melodic the fiddle is.......the accordion is predominantly rhythmic in nature....
roger

Re: Accordion and Banjo.

I been pickin the 5 string for a long time, I just took up the accordion a couple of weeks ago seriously. I think I have met my match and challenge. I can pretty much play anything with strings that is tossed to me, but this little rascal is challenging. Nevertheless, I got me a Dirk Powell tape and a Wilson Savoy on the way. I understand Improv very well with strings, and I have my own signature licks for the 5 string, so who knows what may come of this. Bruce

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!