Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: C.F.M.A. accordion off Ebay

Grandson Jay is now building and selling under the Bon Cajun name, using all Larry's jigs, equipment, etc. I've seen two of them, and if there's a difference, I couldn't see or here it.

Re: Re: Re: C.F.M.A. accordion off Ebay

In mho, niether miller or falcon make high enough quality boxes to charge what is being mentioned. Now concerning the wood, it takes only 1.5 board feet of wood to make an accordion. So even if it is made of very rare wood that should not raise the price $500 to $1000 more. All this talk of wood that is very old, rare or not harvested anymore doesn't raise the actual value of an accordion much. Now concerning the CFMA etching. That's kinda stealing a trademark for the sake of trying to get more money. Well like P.T. Barnum said: (There's a sucker born every day.)

Re: Re: Re: Re: C.F.M.A. accordion off Ebay

that;s what i always thought was silly
about jr martin [for one] charging $1000 more
for what was only about $50 extra worth of
some fancy wood

wle.

Re: C.F.M.A. accordion off Ebay

no, they are not stealing the c f m a etching. This accordion was auctioned off at the CFMA awards. The winner chose a different type of rosewood, tulip i believe it was instead of the brazilian rosewood.

Re: C.F.M.A. accordion off Ebay

I was high bidder, but never made the reserve. It eventually sold offline for quite a bit more than the high bid on ebay. A quick word of warning: An attempt (and a fairly convincing one at that) was made to fraudulently create an EBAY Second Chance offer. I was suspicious and contacted Larry Miller directly. Sure enough, the 2nd chance EBAY offer was bogus.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!