Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Les Amis Creole

Russ... we got back last week from Festivals Acadien and saw Jesse on the main stage...given all the bands we saw at the festival, Jesse, IMHO, ranks at the very top as a power player. He has superb dynamics and his choice of notes is both fun to see and great to listen to. He's on my 'must listen to more' list from now on...

Doc Marc

Re: Re: Les Amis Creole

Totally concur...Jesse is the total package. Had a chance
to jam w/ him during Festival week (guitar only...lol) and
was amazed by his command of the instrument and his
vocals.

Re: Les Amis Creole

More on Les Amis Creole - you can pick-up their new CD on the Arhoolie web site. I attended Festivals Acadiens and didn't see the CD for sale in the Lafayette area, so I ordered it from Arhoolie and it's a pretty fine CD. I love the format - accordion, fiddle & guitar.

Re: Re: Les Amis Creole

I will definitely order it , there can never be enough good creole music . Did you ever hear Joe Semien's accordion recordings from L.A.?, They were not so well distributed, but what a great feel he had!

Re: Re: Re: Les Amis Creole

On Creole music, I'm with you. The Poullard, Poullard, Garnier CD is always in the CD player in my truck. I also picked up The Carrière Brothers, “Musique Creole” recently and enjoy that as well. I'm not familiar w/ Joe Semien, but I'll add that to my "must find" list of tunes. Thanks for the tip.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!