Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Hohner HA-114 question

Pleasantries aside, I for one would love to see some pics of some of the violins or fretted instruments that "bears" your signature.
I think that I recall one of of your early posts mentionning you "making" violins, or was it guitars, I can't quite recall, sorry.
I don't think that this forum has Luthiers as members,but quite a few play, either violins or guitars or fretted instruments and it would be of some interest to them and mine, to know exactly what you do.

Are you involved with repairs only : Guitars, or Violins, or both?, or do you builds professionaly fretted instruments and under witch brand may I ask?,
Would you kindly elaborate and if possible send this forum some pictures of your "wares".

I'm also surprised that as a professional crafstman "Luthier" that is, you can't make a living out of it, unless of course the state of Maryland has a proliferation of your particular trade.

But , correct me if I'm wrong,I thought that good craftsman,woman in every fields are very, very difficult to find and as such are very prized.

Your trade is an old one, your'e very priviledged.

Many thanks.

Kindly.

K.K

Re: Re: Re: Hohner HA-114 question

A few years ago, got to take a violin repair course under Geoff Sietz, highly respected luthioer out of St. Louis, and fiddle for the Volo Bogg Trotters. He had the best line that I bet a lot of luthers live by - I build because I love it, I repair because I need to eat. You can paraphrase that with many things, musicians, for example. Rare is the guy that can perform every weekend and still not need a day job. I know there are a few luthiers, builders. etc. that check out this forum. I hope we can respect what we do, and more importantly, need to do to survive.
Steve

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hohner HA-114 question

Steve,

My humble apologies, I didn't forget you, I simply omited you .

Actually, I was looking , recently at your site, quite impressive.

Claude.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!