Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Any jam sessions in Lake Charles?

Dose anyone know of any jam sessions in the Lake Charles area.

If so I am an amature accordion player that is looking for any available help.

Also I have a Bb Bon Cajun, and I have been trying to learn some songs on the Bb but I am not really making any headway. Any suggestions for tunes that are recorded in Bb?

I do have a C on the way, it is being built and should be done in a week or so. HOPEFULLY that will help me to really be able to learn alot easier.

Re: Any jam sessions in Lake Charles?

Hey David,

Did you ever pick up Dirk Powell's videos? I think they are available at Lake Charles music. Everyone really likes them, although I haven't personally seen them, I can recommend them based on all the positive feedback those videos get on this discussion board.

Call Tally Miller; he is listed in the phone book in the Sulphur section. he used to have a jam and he knows a lot about what is going on jam session-wise. He should be able to help you find many opportunities to jam.

Every now and then, I give a lesson, but I can't take on regular students. If you want to give that a try, email me.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!