Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Maple

I guess your accessment to conclude it to be Maple is by the grain? vs the idea that it could be Belize Rosewood?

Re: Wood grain

My first thought was that it was maple from the grain. (but I am not a wood expert at all) I do not in any way want to misrepresent this accordion.

The friend for which I am selling it swears it is rosewood, and the unstained parts do have a deeper color than maple I have seen.

I asked him to find the original recept, but he is not sure he can find it. I contacted Jr Martin about it, and Jr. can't verify the wood type from his records either. (well, it was 10 years ago)

I know a local guy that runs a fine woodshop.
I will see if I can bring it to him and solve the mystery.

DP

Aaaaaaaahyieeeeeeeeee I bought it

Thanks for everyones advice on getting my first Cajun Accordion. I must be living right. Even when I went to the barns to attend to a couple of the horses this morning everything went smooth, can't wait to play that Beautiful accordion for them.......they'll either love it or stampede away!!

Re: Aaaaaaaahyieeeeeeeeee I bought it

Wow, that one didn't last long. I'm a little jealous. Good luck with it, and I'm sure the horses'll like it just fine
Steve

You got a great deal and by the way...dana is an
honest and upright guy.

Mark

Bodhi, congrats on a buying a beautiful accordion....you will NOT regret paying $1400 for it...last year i found a pristine martin on ebay and thats what i paid for it..same exact accordion as yours except mine has the clear curley maple finish instead of the red stain.....i certain that yours is curley maple also.

Thanks

Steve, Mark, Chad,

I appreciate the good words. I'm sure I'll be around the fourm ask I dive into this new venture.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!