Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Cajun B Box?

You're probably thinking of Charivari. Jono plays a C# because Randy Vidrine likes to sing in that range.

Yes, it was Charivari.

Yes, that's right - thanks for jogging my memory. And if I had read the earlier reply from Kirk, the answer was right there the whole time!

-David

Re: Re: Cajun B Box?

mr frank does use a b on that record for a few songs
he doesn;t seem to carry it on tour any more though
maybe if you saw him in LA, where he didn;t have
to travel, he would have more accordions with him

wle.

Re: Re: Re: Cajun B Box?

I seem to remember Larry, David S. or Jim P. telling me about Keith's odd keys in a thread a few months ago I started regarding Ab boxes. I remember one of y'all mentioning Keith used C# and B often. That's pretty cool! Keith has a unique style and sound that sets the standard for all of new-school zydeco artists.

As far as my stinged players -- they are excited about playing in F#. They said there's a lot of cool opportunity in that key. I'm lucky they dig the oddball keys. My original concern was born out of the fact that so many guitarists I've met love playing in the easy guitar keys, i.e., E, A and G. But my band has really embraced F (Bb) since a lot of zydeco tunes we do are, naturally, played on the Bb box. Without a doubt, I've found the best guys to play with here in DFW.

Thanks for the input Braves!

R!CK

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!