Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Who'da Thunk it?

My Grand daughter is pulling C's in German class, and my oldest son is a bit bothered by that! What's the big alarm here (I wonder)?? Here is a kid that is all honors classes and understands Ipod... what's an Ipod (I wonder)?

I just went through a gob of posts which I had originally avoided for the simple reason that I had no idea what some of these newer phrases pertained to...

like... "You Tube"

What the heck is a you tube? Is it a floatation device for musicians? What does that have to do with music anyhow(?). Perhaps some off the wall instrument, who could say.

So here I am dumb as a box of you know what, and I click on that www. string for that you tube business... Lord God'a Mercy, up pops Walter!
And on another string, there's Stevie boy flicking the snot out of the treb side of a sitter downer session with a couple other squeezers oogling at his mastery. Amazing!

Further more:
I picked up the youngest boy at the air port yesterday. On the way home, we got to talking about his lady in southern California. 'Check this out Pop'; On his cell phone he has movies of his lovely girlfriend eating dinner at ESPN downtown Disney the night before... from a cell phone for cris-sakes.
I got a cell phone, but nobody told me about movies or cameras or such stuff! What the heck?
I mean this kid (not really a kid, though he will always be a kid to me) has tennis shoes with a built a in IPOD! It is another one of those contraptions I don't quite understand other than the fact that my 14 yr. old grand daughter would like one for Christmas.

I hate to admit it folks, I am way out of the loop on some of this stuff. I mean I am still goofy over the idea that a man walked on the moon way back when! I am still in the "whoopie' stage of my 42" plasma, let alone some of the hoots and whistles of other stuff out there on the market.

Some stuff I have I have no clue how to manipulate (some of the remotes floating around the family room for one), so it winds up being... "Linda, can you get this crazy thing to work?" Bippity boppity boop, after a series of buttons an what not "there it is simple" simple alright! So gad dang simple that I just don't want to know for some strange reason... that's how simple!

Naw braves, it is a techno world, and, if you are too young to remember Howdy Doody or that walking on the moon thing for when it happened, I suppose the best I can hope for is that you can relate to Tit Monde or Chameaux or the Cowboy Waltz or some such thing.

You Tube indeed... As I wonder about it, just what in the world would Ole Bois Sec or Mr. Goldman think about such matters of technology. It's not exactly jerking the feathers off of a Duck and making a meal out of em... Anyone got that on You Tube??
Who'da thunk it??? What else am I missing?

Nonc D

Re: Who'da Thunk it?

I am sure glad I am not the only one being left behind by technology. But then I fought computers for a long time, and here I am. I also fought cell phones, now I cant remember how I ran a business without one. People are doing things, and with things, that just boggle the simple minds like mine. And it is progressing (is that the right word?)faster than I can digest.

We're following behind them Nonc, just a little behind. Sometimes it makes me just want to get rid of electrity and everything that comes with it, but I am learning too much at places like this.

Re: Who'da Thunk it?

Nonc:

My 'children' (the oldest is 26, the youngest 21) think I am the oldest dinosaur on the planet.

But in answer to your question about duck pluckin' on YouTube... see the first link above. It isn't a duck, it isn't YouTube, but it is useful in keeping the relationship between land and stomach in perspective.

Family first....

Peace,
Griff

Re: Re: Who'da Thunk it?

That was a great video. I was somewhat relieved to see the cat was still alive and eating leftovers at the end of the film.

Dowell Lafleur

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!