Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jr. Martin arrived

The Jr. Martin C I bought from DP Mandrell arrived today. What a beautiful instrument. I didn't put it down until three hours later and that's the first time I've played one. Years of sax work have paid off when it comes to ear training and picking off notes on the loads of Cajun and Zydeco songs I have on my computer. Nice to have gear that changes the pitch of songs to work on the key of C accordion. I worked the scales on the Martin for awhile and did some arpeggios just to get familar with the key work (right index finger on sax is F on Tenor) So it seems thus far playing by ear is coming fairly easy on the accordion, the hard work is going to be nailing the Cajun songs down correctly. Another instrument I wish I had started earlier but as Charlie Parker would say "Now's The Time"

Re: Jr. Martin arrived

congrats Bodhi..enjoy!

Re: Re: Jr. Martin arrived

I had a chance to play a Jr. Martin the other day and that is a fine box. I am sure that you will really enjoy it.

David

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!