Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chris Miller and Bayou Roots CD

I just received several new cd,s that I ordered on-line, including Rodney Fontenot, Racines, the J.D.Miller Nathan Abshire & the Pinegrove Boys sides (classic!) and Varise Connor ( the definitive Lake Arthur Stomp, quel swing!).

I just want to say that the Chris Miller CD is sweet and generous, with 16 tracks.
It's a demonstration of great musicianship and shows many of the strengths and varied strains of South west Louisiana musical culture. There are classic two-steps and waltzes, old time creole , modern zydeco, revivals from the pre 20 century vocal repertoire, contemporary cajun songwriting, old time Isom Fontenot mouth harp contradanses ( he was so unique). This is someone who knows all the beauty and breadth of the culture and can create an amazing mosaic from all these colours. There are relatively few cajun standards which is ok scine everyone else has already recorded them many times already. The band is really tight and the arrangements display the strengths of all , including some great harmonica playing.

Il faut r'mercier Chris pour avoir mis tant de coeur et tant d'ouvrage dans un beau projet àyou y a pas de barrière entre la culture d'aujourd'hui et la culture d'hier.

Re: Chris Miller and Bayou Roots CD

I listened to the cd from a friend and I plan on buying my own copy. GREAT WORK Chris and band!!!
Kirk Menier

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!