Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Buzzard accordion

The accordion was made for wayne in 1976 by Shine Mouton. It was a "bicentennial" accordion painted red, white and blue, as mentioned, it was thrown out the back of a truck, played for 25+ years without any TLC. Wayne's father had bought the accordion for him and it is something that is close to him, so he asked Randy if he could refinish it. Randy changed the bellows, repaired the frames, changed the buttons, the valves, the stops, retuned it but as mentioned, couldn't rename it a Mouton, and couldn't call it a Falcon so he named it a Buzzard. There were no parts from Marc Savoy used on this accordion, the buttons are the ones that he has been using for 13 years, the reeds are also the same reeds that have been in it since he made it a Bb in 1990. This is the accordion that recorded Please Explain in 1991, it is also the accordion that is on the front cover of the 1988 album "Johnny Can't Dance".

Re: Re: Re: Buzzard accordion

I didn't know the whole story behind this accordion, but i did have the moral of the story right. I heard from a good friend of Randy a while back and i was there when wayne was presented the accordion. Nobody was postind all day to answer this dudes question so i decided to give him my version. I apologize for getting it wrong.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Buzzard accordion

great story!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Buzzard accordion

I apologize chief, wasn't meaning to make it sound like that. I just read my post again and in reading it I came across wrong, sorry about that Brian. Wasn't my intention to pick pepper...

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!