Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rythm tracks for Cajun music

At a local coffee house last night we listened to a good jazz guitar player -- all by himself except for an excellent set of commercially available backup rythm tracks he had programmed into a laptop and ran with a foot pedal...it dawned on me that I have never seen anything similar for Cajun music ...might be a great tool for practice accordion, fiddle...

Anybody seen anything like this?

Re: Rythm tracks for Cajun music

I saw a guy on Bourbon street who had his Ipod with some tracks mounted to his mic stand and all he had was a drummer with him..sounded pretty good, too

i forgot who it is ..but someone on this board is going to recording something like that....so you can play along with.

Re: Re: Rythm tracks for Cajun music - Roger and Buffy - Cleoma's Ghost

Yes,

J.P. had mentioned that his band was preparing to master a cd that provides the instrumental to Cajun tunes so that an accordion can be filled in by the likes of others.

This is a great idea, and, I am anxious to purchase a copy of his project.

Meanwhile....Special Note:
For those that would like excellent fiddle and guitar to play along with...

Cleoma's Ghost - Mon Coeur Est Avec Toi
CD by: Roger Weiss and Buffy Lewis
Swallow Label SW-6185

Nonc comment:
For this CD, accordions (2) one in "C" and one in "D" on hand are suggested. These two are master musicians with great vocals doing traditional very proud.

Nonc D

Re: Re: Rythm tracks for Cajun music

Hey Chad,
That was probably Brandon Miller you saw doing that with the Ipod. Usually his dad Isaac plays steel with him.

John

Take a look at Tracy Schwartz' cassette tape Prac Trac.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!